CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 18, 2010

Pizza on the Grill

 Our Friday night ritual is to make pizza.  I make the dough and then my hubby helps...his carpentry skills at work on a pizza...he is amazing with the dough.


 A few weeks back I tried out making pizza on the grill...it is way too hot to heat up our house with the stove...alternative...the GRILL!


It took 3 pizzas to "get it perfect" but the last on was for my hubby, and he was happy and thought it was YUMMY!


This recipe costs about $2.00 to make...I got the cheese on sale for $1.00


1.Make your dough, you can see my dough recipe HERE
2. Turn your grill on high for 10 minutes (heating both sides)
3. Stretch it out with your hands to a personal size (next time I will make them smaller, they rise quite a bit)
4. Brush both sides with olive oil






5. Reduce heat to Medium, and put your pizza dough only on the grill
6. Grill one side for 3 minutes, you should see grill marks and they should be somewhat rigid


7. Remove them from the grill, and turn off the heat from one side.
8. Put on your toppings




9. Put your pizza on the grill side with the heat off.
10.  Grill for 10-12 minutes or until your cheese looks like this:






This recipe came from Women's Day Magazine...I did have to cook our pizza longer to get the cheese to look like the pizza above, but this was for my wonderful hubby!  The first pizzas cheese was way too gooey...so shoot for this.
According to Women's Day...the secret it indirect heat while cooking your pizza on the grill!




ENJOY!


P.S. Sorry for my lack of posting, summer is our busy time with our business and I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for weeks trying to juggle the business work, the kids, and my sanity...along with playing with airplanes every night.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

We love pizza on the grill, it is so fun to make!

Post a Comment