CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sort of back to normal...

My house looked like this a few weeks ago...

 My son checking out how to sit on the couch...in the dining room, with a stack of Hickory in front of it.
 My hubby getting ready to tear out that little corner wall...there was only an electrical wire in it???
 My daughter helping roll up the rug and getting ready to move out all the furniture and wood...etc.
 Carpeting, tack strip, debris all gone...vapor barrier down...What a cute helper we have!
 The start of the flooring.
 My husband made these!  Sure you can buy them...but I am so proud to say he made them!


All laid...now for the sanding and finishing.  The dog made himself at home...and the little guy was ready to feed him right there too!

The floor is finished and we moved some of our furniture back....some trim installed, too (we painted it white.  Out with the stained trim)  But we have the rest of our wood piled back there for the rest of the main level.  Things have been so out of normal here that I have been just getting by.  We were eating in our laps and walking around piles of stuff and furniture.  It was fun stuff.

Now...on to our kitchen cabinet making...another adventure!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! The pictures don't do the floor justice. They are gorgeous!!!!!

Post a Comment