CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Frazzled like my hair is today in this weather...


Do you ever feel so frazzled like you never get anything accomplished?  I know I do...it's a daily thing.  I run around get distracted by the little things that need to be taken care of and never get to the important things.  When I do get to the important things...I am so frazzled that I just don't feel like I do them very well.


I have tried many things in the past...things such as:
  • making myself a schedule for almost everything
  • making goals to clean off my clutter/hot spots daily
  • having list after list...only to not find the original list and then not complete the list
  • making/using a control journal
  • setting up routines
  • getting the kids involved

All of these things have worked to some extent...however I just can't seem to stick to one.  I used to use a Franklin Covey planner/calendar system.  I LOVED that thing.  It was the best thing for me to keep myself organized.  But, the cost...well my frugal side takes over and I just don't want to spend the $$$ on it.  But, I haven't been able to replicate what that system did for me.  If time weren't an issue, I would make up something similar and put it in my little organizer. 


The things I loved about my Franklin Covey Planner were:

  • I could write down my list for the day in one place...and actually find it again.
  • It had a system for prioritizing your list
  • There was a place to write down notes/$ that you spent that day/and Goals
  • I could carry over my list that I didn't complete to the next day.
  • I had sections where I could write down my goals, wants, needs, wishes, etc.
  • In general...I stayed more organized that I am today.
  • I could carry it with me because it was so small.
My mom or mother-in-law would tell anyone that I am a pretty organized person...I get it from my mom.  However, I am forever changing my system.  But, I am realizing now (I must be getting old) that I need to stick to what has worked in the past.  My other "old" issue is I tend to forget things...yes, I am very forgetful and have missed appointments, etc.  I even write them down...yet still forget.  Maybe the forgetfulness is because I have so much on my plate in any one given day???  Must be...I'm not old, right?


So, what works for you?  How do you stay organized and keep using the system you have in place?  Am I the only frazzled mom out there?  Somehow I think so, but in reality I am probably not the only one feeling this way.


Off to clean up my desk...feed the kids...get ready for swim lessons...and find out what to make for dinner...oh, and start some laundry.


0 comments:

Post a Comment