CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

Getting Organized for Christmas

I am getting prepared for Christmas early this year, and thought that I would share some of the things that I am doing to get it done and not be stressed...along with saving $ on gifts!

Here is my list:
1.  I created a "Control Journal" of sorts to stay organized, here are a couple of good sites/references:

2.  Ordered and addressed my Christmas Cards...stamps and all!
3.  Today I plan to order the little gifts that I need to send in the mail.
4.  I am also doing Flylady's 27 Fling Boogie today as I do my blessing (this is where you gather up 27 things that are cluttering your home to donate, throw away, or recycle)
5.  Take 15 minutes a day to get some planning done.  Today I am getting my home projects list completed, and adding to my gift ideas list.
6.  Begin purchasing or planning for purchases.
  • Black Friday Ad Scans  (Check here for Black Friday ads and plan out your purchases as soon as the ads come out)  There is also a message board for great ideas and sales plans.
  • A Full Cup (I love this site for more deal ideas...check out the message boards, they are a plethora of great ideas).
7.  Plan a budget and stick to it!  I do this every year, and I am pretty successful at staying on budget!
8.  Create your menu for each week and for your holiday meals...this will keep you stress free!
9.  Have your kids go through their toys and get them to get rid of 27 things each week...that way they have room for the new toys they get at Christmas!
10.  Relax, enjoy, and remember all the blessings of your life!


0 comments:

Post a Comment