CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ways to Save $ for/on Christmas


I have been sick...the kids have been sick.  So, lack of posting is what happens.

I thought we should get started thinking about Christmas...it is only 52 days away (thanks to my Whimsical Friend)

What do you do to save $ during the Holidays, what items to you like to stock up on...and what are your favorite traditions?

I love this time of year...it's when I know I can stock up on baking items for CHEAP, I can get some killer deals on toys and gifts...and it is just a wonderful time of year with all the holiday smells, things to do and most of all the time I get to spend with my friends and family.

So, I am going to start a list and we can add our ideas to it:

1.  Stock up on Baking items (keep your eyes peeled for coupons now)
2.  Look for toys to price match (I got a $75 toy last year for $7 by price matching and using manufacture and store coupons).
3.  Watch for coupons for toys (store and manufacture...and print them when you see them, they may disappear)
4.  Make a list of all the items you will need for baking and upcoming holiday events and watch for sales on the items.
5.  Make a Holiday plan (if you shop Black Friday...start your lists now)
6.  I like to follow a Black Friday site that updates me when the ads come out and I add items to my list that I want to get.
7.  Look for codes for your Christmas Card orders.  (Free Shipping, % off, etc.)
8.  Stay Organized and on top of the sales and coupons.
9.  Stash away what you can now for Holiday shopping so you won't use credit and have a bill after the holidays.
10.  Get a Visa Gift Card and add $ to it so you can shop for items instead of keeping it in an account or cash around...I am so going to do this one next year for groceries, etc.

School is almost out...add some ideas and I will add more as I think of them.







0 comments:

Post a Comment