CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Menu Planning

I have really noticed how disorganized I have become around dinner time each night.  Standing in front of the fridge trying to figure out what is for dinner is NOT good.  With homework going on, Jacob needing to "help" cook, and phone calls that come in, I really don't need to try and figure out what we are having for dinner.

So, I sat down and wrote out almost my entire month of February.  I can change things around a bit if something is on sale or pick items up early for what is on my menu if I see a great sale.  So, this week I am NOT shopping as I went to Sam's Club and bought a few items that were needed and I really don't need anything to cook meals this week.

My menu for this week is:

Monday: Bean Tacos with homemade salsa!
Tuesday: Sub Sandwiches, chips, fruit
Wednesday: Spaghetti, salad, homemade french bread
Thursday: Haystacks (using up our homemade salsa)
Friday: Pizza night, we do this every Friday.  Make menu planning easy!
Saturday: Movie night, we do popcorn, fruit, cheese and crackers, leftovers.  Just an easy meal and watch a movie with the kids.

My friend, Jenn, over at  The Whimsical Princess did a really cool menu planner for her fridge.  It explains how she made this.  I can only dream of being as creative as Jenn is, but I want to make something similar for my kitchen.  I have an idea, so I will post when I get it made.

Anyway, if you menu plan you will find that you can save even more at the grocery store and have healthy meals.  I have found that I don't really need to pick up too many items for each meal, that I have already stocked up on what is needed and I need to just pick up fresh produce, etc.

You can print out a menu planner at Organized Home.  I have used Fly Lady for a while, but some of the forms from Organized Home are better.  Thanks to my mom's group, I have more tools for organization.

0 comments:

Post a Comment